The rest of the weekend has been spent spending time with my family and with Mark's. His sister Mary and her family are in town for the weekend too. We had them over for hamburgers/hot dogs last night and Aubrey had fun playing with her 2 boys and my niece Danyel. Tonight Noni and Papa D are babysitting so we can go out with Allison, Courtney and Tom. We're planning dinner and watching the Mavs somewhere. I don't think I've been out in over a month so I'm looking forward to it. Plus, we are going to Chuy's for dinner. YUM!
Aubrey has a slight illness right now. I took her to the dr. thinking she had a urinary tract infection on Thurs., but she doesn't. Which is great, but he did find a red throat and swollen glands in her neck so we are on antibiotics for it. Aubrey has always been really good at taking medicine, but completely balked at this pink medicine (our first time with it) pushing it away saying, 'I don't want it.... I don't like it....' We had a power struggle with it on Fri. and I ended up wearing it all. So, on Sat., I re-thought the strategy and played it up for a lollipop. She took it like a champ. We made a huge deal over it and how she was such a big girl, so she was pretty proud of herself. I think we'll be keeping these lollipops in mind for future bribes (... I mean... rewards).
Our activities are starting to wind down. Mother's Day Out just ended last week (darn it!) and her Little Gym class ends this week. We will start swim lessons in June, but that's just for a quick 10 days. So most of the summer will probably be spent in a swimming pool somewhere.
Mark and I celebrate our 10 year anniversary on the 29th. We are taking a quick trip to Carmel California. We've never been to the West Coast, so we are totally looking forward to it. We leave in just 2 short weeks so I'm SO so happy about that. One last easygoing vacation before we become a family of four. Day by day seems to be getting easier as Aubrey gets older so it's going to be a shock to the system to go back to that infant stage. I worry that I've totally glorified how Aubrey was as a baby, because she really didn't seem to cry a whole lot. I can probably count on one hand the number of times that I had my own complete meltdown during her early life, so I hope I'm not completely thrown for a loop when this next baby comes. I've started doing a pregnancy yoga tape in the hopes that I maintain a calm sense of being while pregnant so maybe that helps in having a calm baby. I don't know.... I don't know what I'm talking about. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment