We have given up on the potty training for the time being. It's too much trouble to clean up all the mess these days so we'll just try again another time. I would say that we are 'part time potty training' for now. Fine by me. We still talk about it ALL the time and now we've added this HORRIBLE potty training video to the mix , but we'll get there some day. Just not right now. For those of you that have never had the privilege of watching a potty training video, I say, JUST WAIT! You will sadly remember back to the day when you used to be a really cool, hip person and wonder how in the world you got where you are now.
Aubrey will be taking her first dance class this Saturday. It's an hour long class that is ballet, tap, singing and tumbling class. Mark thought for sure that we had another couple of years before all this started, but I found a studio that starts at age 2 and I couldn't pass it up. We bought her shoes and some leotards so she's all ready. I just hope she likes it! 2 weeks later she'll start her new Mother's Day Out. 2 x per week at a new church. I bought her a Blue's Clues book about starting school and I've been talking it up the past few days. We've got her nap mat, backpack and will soon be getting her lunch box too. It will be great getting her settled in a new routine before the baby comes. Plus she'll be in the same class as her next door neighbor friend Marion.
Our funny story of the week: Aubrey almost had a complete stroke yesterday evening because of excitement. This all happened in a matter of 10 minutes - the pizza guy delivered our pizza and salads. As we were carrying them to the kitchen, she hears the theme music from "American Juniors" on the Tv and goes into complete high pitch screaming, 'SINGERS MOMMY SINGERS'! She's clapping and jumping and can barely stay on her 2 feet and the door bell rings again - my mom and dad stopped by to say hi. She's running toward the door at breakneck spead yellling, 'NONI.....NONNNNIIIIII!' When they came in the door she is completely breathless and babbling, 'NONI.... SINGERS.... PIZZA.... SALAD!!!!!!!' I've never seen her so excited all at one time.
No comments:
Post a Comment