I was happy that I did say NO to 2 invitations this year so I don't feel like I'm trying to do everything. Both invites were for a cookie exchange. One for Monday, one for Friday. I have to bring 6 dozen cookies to each party. Um... unless you want the big ol' vat of cookie dough from Sam's as my contribution, then sadly I will have to say no. I do have most of the holiday shopping done and will have it done by the middle of next week. I'm determined to have presents bought and wrapped so I can enjoy the following week when my sisters and the rest of the family come to town. I just want to drink hot cocoa and play Trivial Pursuit. Next weekend is our annual Christmas party that we have been doing with the Zemlers for the past several years. Lots of new babies and some new marriages to be happy for in 2003. I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting Christmas cards with pictures so that is the favorite part of my day. I did find time to get the kids pics made for cards. It only took 3 days and 2 rolls of film but we did find one pic where they are both smiling and generally in focus. Hopefully I'll get ours mailed out on Monday. Mark and I are not in the pic this year. I find that with each year and especially this year, with each passing week of not a lot of sleep, the parents are looking a little old and haggard. The kids are much happier and younger looking.
Brody is so close to sleeping through the night. Between 9 pm and 7 am, I only have to get up 1 time to feed him so maybe Santa will bring me the joyous present of a boy that sleeps all night long on Christmas Eve. Aubrey really does not have one ounce of 'baby' in her anymore, unless you count the diapers, the silky and the fingers in her mouth. ok... well maybe she does.... But, she talks like such a big kid and makes me laugh every day. We went to Madison's school Christmas program and Aubrey is sitting 3 seats away from Mark, but decides to ask him between songs if she could pull his finger. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment