Oh my...........what am I in for?
The past couple of days have been a little scary preview of the scene that we will soon enter with our little girl. I hosted a jewelry show on Thursday night. The girl was giving her spiel about the jewelry and started with necklaces. Next thing I know, Aubrey has run back from her room holding her Shamu necklace and wanting me to help her put it on. By the end of the night, she is dripping in all her jewelry. Bracelet, rings, necklace and flip flops. She cannot get enough of the jewelry that is displayed and wants me to try on everything. At one point, Mark tells me that I should not have her handle the necklaces because he noticed that she had twisted one up. I look down and she is standing right there and having heard that whole thing, she is totally crushed. She ran out of the room crying. Mark had to go find her and calm her down. She came back and played with some more jewelry before having to show her room to the jewelry girl. She was a complete trip.
We shopped at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday. As we were walking in I told her that maybe I would just by myself a coffee pot for Mother's Day. She was astonished. No Way she says! You need a necklace or a ring. Ok then. I like the way she is thinking. I think I will be that Mom that gets every single tacky piece of #1 Mom jewelry that is out there. She might have the right idea but not so much the right taste just yet. We will work on that.
We also stopped in Limited Too, which I think will be the LAST time we stop in there. Do you know how exp. that is? Had no idea. I don't even spend that much on my own clothes! Girl is going to have to get a job when she is 8. She wanted to try something on because she wanted to go into the dressing room by herself. She came out in this entire outfit and was like, 'I'm ready to go!' ummm...yeah.......we were just playing around. We aren't really buying anything. So, she did go put her own clothes back on, but came out with the outfit and says, 'I'll just take it up there to the girl', meaning the counter. umm.....yeah....again.......we AREN't buying anything. I did manage to get her out of the store without a complete meltdown but I can see they are coming.
YIKES!
1 comment:
SHe was so great at the party. You have a special liitle girl there.
:)Shaila
Post a Comment