Another good day!
Aubrey's second day of school went great! In fact, she and Kendall met at the back of the school and walked in together. We were worried about them finding their classroom since it's on the opposite end of the entrance door, but I think they found it just fine. Jen brought her home and the first thing she said was, 'hola, mommy'. So I guess they had spanish today!
We had parent orientation at her school tonight and learned a lot about their schedule and what they will be learning this year. Each kid had to draw a picture of themselves and she drew a picture of herself in her bed, so I guess she was thinking about how tired she was!
I'm tired too. In fact, I dreamt last night that Brody was crying and I couldn't open my eyes and move to get to him. So I tried to shake Mark awake only it was like my arms were in quicksand and I couldn't get out the words, 'Brody is crying'. I'm assuming that I dreamt it because Mark said he never heard me trying to wake him up and he never heard Brody crying. Poor Brody was either completely fine or neither one of his parents came to help him!
Speaking of Brody.............just being with him for a long period of time has helped me to appreciate just how much older he is getting. In comparison to Aubrey he always seems so small and vastly more incapable of doing things. But, today.............wow.............he helped me get dinner pre-prepared this afternoon before Aubrey got home and we had this whole conversation about playing games with Noni and Papa D. He said he would play this Go Fish game with Noni and he would be the green boat and Noni would be the yellow boat. I asked him what Papa D would be and he says..........'ummm.........the ORANGE boat'. (there is no orange boat.) I looked at him with a puzzled look and said, 'the orange boat?' And he matter of factly says, 'yes, it's a brand new one.' Ok.
Now, if we could just potty train(!) we will be good to go. Thought about picking a day this week to try it, but I don't know if I can do it. Kind of like how I tried 5 times to pull Aubrey's loose tooth last night and I just couldn't do it. I tried. I thought I could. Today I just couldn't even look at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment