I don't even have anything interesting to say today........so feel free to jump to another site. I'm just so excited to have time to do something that I want to do so I feel I should blog but I don't have much to say. Just a lot to do! I can't get over how the weeks fly by around here. We are crazy busy and we don't even do that much yet. I can't imagine how crazy this house will be when my kids are both in school and activities. Since I have blogged we had our parenting class, 2 soccer games, soccer pictures, Marcus football game, a date night!!!!, and a gathering at a friend's house. What was interesting about those?
Parenting class is going well. Last week we learned about being available to our kids. So, we practiced more of that this week and that was fine. I love the couple that teaches our class. In fact, the woman looks way too much like Mark's mom. I sit close to the front and I still just find myself staring at her face thinking that she is Marie. Hopefully I'm not missing out on too much good information since I'm just staring. Last week I had to laugh because the lesson was really geared toward Dads. And the guy plays this song for us to hear about how kids spell love T-I-M-E. He put the words up on his overhead (yeah... an overhead) and would switch sheets to go from the next verse back to the chorus. That made me laugh all by itself, but the kicker was that I could imagine the hand choir from Napoleon Dynamite signing the words to this song. It was so hard not to laugh but I couldn't because this couple is so cute and they are so strong in their beliefs on raising kids. So we had a good laugh about it on the way home!
Marcus game - they lost to Flower Mound High which was a bummer. But, my cousin finally got some good playing time and had a great game. In fact, his play on catching a ridiculous pass after it was hit by a defender and bobbled before he caught it was the High School Sports Special Play of the Week on Ch. 8. It was cool to see his play on tv and hear his name mentioned and it was at Texas Stadium. I hope that MHS is kicking themselves for underplaying him and being blind to his talent. We hope that he has a good game against LHS next week. As an added bonus, my kids made it through the entire game and that was a first!
Date night - I still think I have a hangover. My sister Allison was in town with her boyfriend Kevin. So, my parents were great enough to keep the kids so we could meet them out. I've been telling her about my favorite place in Dallas - Lee Harvey's. It's completely outside so we had to spend most of the evening with the 4 of us underneath one umbrella. We had a ton of fun. So much in fact that we got in the car to go home at 2 a.m! When was the last time that happened? I was bad though. I had to call in sick to church. To church. Where I was supposed to help out in B's class. I know. Bad.
We spent Sunday afternoon at Bob and Diane Kenyon's house. It was a house full of boys so Aubrey was completely out of her element. She did pretty well but was ready to go home early. Brody, on the other hand, was having a ball! He wore his Dallas Cowboy jersey and helmet and all the other boys had their jerseys on too. The Kenyons are Redskin fans so it was funny to see Brody in an Aikman jersey and wearing a Redskin helmet.
We are about to redo our bathroom so that will be our next undertaking. More parenting this week, more football games, the FAIR FINALLY!, and my girls monthly dinner. Another crazy busy week but lots of fun!
On another day, I will continue my rant about tv. We do DVR everthing so we can watch it after the kids go to bed, but just so you know - here is our weekly listing of shows:
Sunday - Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Desperate Housewives, Amazing Race - I watch the Amazing Race
Monday - Everybody Hates Chris, How I Met Your Mother, 2 1/2 men, The new adv. of old Christine, Studio 60, Heroes - I wach 3 of the 6 shows.
Tuesday - Friday Night Lights, Boston Legal, just recently dropped Dancing with the Stars except to watch Emmit Smith
Wednesday - Biggest Loser, Lost - would like to watch 30 Rock but I don't have it in me
Thursday - The Office, My Name is Earl
I don't even have it in me to watch Grey's Anatomy so that surely makes me weird. I'd like to even pick back up on ER. Last year was the first year that I didn't watch it and I think I was the last of of bunch to drop it. But, I've heard that it is really good this season. I tape Ellen and Oprah every day and sometimes pull that up to see what I missed. I'm sure we would watch more, but when would we sleep? Does anyone else watch this much tv? Seriously?
1 comment:
I don't feel so bad now! WE DVR a lot too. We try to wait until we have 2 or 3 of the same show and sit down together and watch 3 hrs of tv in 2. Can't believe we ever did it the old fashioned way. Do I sound snobby or what? Don't feel bad. TV is my escape from doing housework.
:)Shaila
Post a Comment