The gift that has not stopped giving.............
Aubrey got sick on Friday night. Throwing up for hours. It was endless. Then, the shivering started. Even with 2 blankets and Mommy snuggled up all around her, teeth chattering shivers that would not stop. So, soon after fever hit. That was about 5:30 Saturday morning. We still have fever. What day is it?
This illness has thrown the family for a loop. We've missed out on the High School Musical live concert tour; we've missed 4 days of school; we've missed being out of the house; and Mommy has being at the gym most of all. I know you can do your own stuff at home, but who wants to. Lack of sleep has left us with minimal energy.
However, it is very lovely in these moments to be a stay-at-home Mom. I didn't have to call in sick anywhere to lounge with my baby in bed. I didn't have to worry about who was going to take care of her during the day, because I could drop everything to take of anything that she needed. How wonderful it is to take advantage of empty stores during the day so I don't even have to step foot into a store on the weekends. And, I have so much already done that being housebound for 6 days has not really thrown a wrench in any of my plans.
Each day I think that we are making the turn for the better and then we have an awful sleepless night, sometimes still with throwing up. 1 dr. visit and 1 dr. phone call later and we are still about the same. I have never seen this baby so pitiful. We have done A LOT of TV watching over the course of 6 days and finally today I've hit that 'Ineedtogetoutofthehouse' feeling. The walls are closing in on me and I'm having a hard time breathing. I don't even have a lot to do. Just some grocery shopping and VERY last minute Christmas shopping. A yoga class would be divine right about now. But...........I will press on at home. We watched several hours of home movies today which was a lot of fun. The kids have moved on to Jungle Book and I'm wondering whether 4:57 is too early to make dinner. We were going to head out to Friday's for dinner because Aubrey picked to go their for dinner. But, about 3:30, we had a nap and now we don't feel like doing anything. Please God.......... let's get past this tonight!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment