Monday, February 19, 2007

Kids.........kids...........kids..........
I've been wanting to blog about how the kids seem so grown lately. Maybe I did already blog about it, but I can't remember anything these days, so bear with me. We went to Target and both kids went potty.........because you always have to go potty when you go to Target.......and both kids walked into a stall, took care of business, washed their hands and dried them off. I just stood there and watched with awe. I didn't have to pull up any pants, lift anyone to the sink, shimmy under a stall and unlock it. I just stood there. If I would have known, I could have read a quick 3 pages of a book! We got dressed for the gym on Saturday morning and both kids got completely dressed all by themselves........shoes and all! Amazing. I'm definitely not a mom that is heartsick for the baby days! I love independence!
but then...........the boy...................brother............Jen and I were thinking that when the girls were younger they tended to find ways to entertain themselves that were not always appropriate but I guess that since they are older and don't require us to supervise and 'play' and entertain them anymore, we have gotten a little spoiled. So when we get the boys together we just figure they will be happy to play together with toys. Last week, they took a cup of water and refilled it many times in the bathroom to then go dump it on the carpet of Brody's room. Friday they decided to take a shower in my shower........PRETENDING....as Brody always says and Brody comes out of the shower to tell me something and his face and hands are covered in blood.........yes... blood.... real blood.........he thought he would shave like Daddy with the REAL razor and knicked his lip so that it poured blood forever. I almost took a break from cleaning it up to take picture so I could ask you if you would freak out if your kid came up to you looking like that. Today he and Parker took baby lotion and poured it all over Parker's dresser, the floor and his bed. That really nice creamy thick lotion that doesn't want to rub in your skin. Imagine it sitting on top of your carpet. Plus the fact that when they are together, they pee in their pants about 3 times a day. It's enough to send you back to work full time. We are hoping it's a phase and they will learn how to make appropriate choices but in the mean time it is all I can do not to smack his butt 100 times a day for this kind of crap! Why can't they just play? I'm sure all the parenting gurus out there will say that they need some attention from us. But it's not like we were sitting around reading US magazine with a cracked open bottle of wine. We were trying to clean a house!
So other than the nightmare of having a growing boy in the house, Mark bought Aubrey another fish to make up for the first one that died. At 2:00 on Friday, I notice that it has now died. I had 45 minutes before I had to pick up Aubrey at school so I made the panicked decision to flush the dead one and get a new one at PetSmart before picking her up from school. I couldn't take the drama again. I had some fears that the previous one was going to surface in the toilet at some point this weekend, but I think we are in the clear. Hopefully this new 26 cent pet will last a little longer.

Yoga classes are coming up again this weekend. Mark is already dreading what kind of drama will be in store for him. I'm supposed to be doing research for a paper that is due on Friday but I just realized that it is 10:30 and I haven't started yet. I woke up at 4 am since I've gotten used to waking up at this ungodly time due to above named son who needs a potty break and a cuddle at this time every night for weeks. Last night I woke up first and couldn't get back to sleep. I drifted off about 4:30 and felt someone tap my shoulder. When I rolled over, no one was there. And that freaked me out. So, I was up for the rest of the night. And mind you, my son NEVER woke up this one night. I'm turning in now with the promise that I will do my research tomorrow. Of course, I could always be back tomorrow blogging about how Parker and Brody set something on fire.

No comments: