I'm entering that phase of life where about all my mind can handle is stuff that's kid related. Alan tried discussing the excitement of the Mavericks season starting and all I heard was, 'blah...blah...blah.... Mavericks...trade... blah.... blah...' I managed to contribute to the conversation by saying, 'yeah.. my sister really likes basketball.' I used to read the sports page and watch Inside the NFL and all the pregame shows before Sunday's game. I used to read Sports Illustrated for God's sake. We got rid of that subscription though because of the annual swimsuit edition, because, really, who needs that kind of stress?
Mark is definitely switching jobs and we are down to the wire today. He's finalizing his contract and giving his notice to Holden. After 13 years with the same company...he's been there since college.... he's making a switch. I am truly excited for him and though I think he's feeling extremely stressed out about it right now, it will be great for him and he should see the fruits of his labor soon. Again, though, I feel bad as he's talking about the new company and the new contract or the new structure or something and it was if Charlie Brown's teacher was talking to me about it.
I know I will emerge from this haze soon, but until then I ask all of you to bear with me. Also, try not to point out the throw up/spit up stains all over my shirt and/or pants and/or shoes and socks. I know they are there. I just don't have much else to wear these days. Especially since I'm not leaving here to go do laundry. I've decided that my time is best suited watching the shows I missed this week while reading the 3 magazines on my nightstand. The thank you notes can wait because I don't think they would make much sense right now. Thank God tomorrow is Saturday and Mark will be home for 2 days. He is honestly a fabulous help every day, but I definitely look forward to the weekends when I don't feel so outnumbered.
No comments:
Post a Comment