As far as our family goes, we are on week 6 of getting used to a baby that doesn't sleep. He's not fussy and he's VERY good natured so we have no complaints there, but it's hard being so tired! It's easy to get into a complaining mode and think every night 'maybe TONIGHT he'll sleep more than 2 hours before he is awake again' but then are jolted awake at EXACTLY 3 hours from the last time he ate. He's got to be about 12 lbs. right now. How is he still hungry??? Oh well.... we know we've got at least 5 more weeks of waking up at night and then he should be sleeping through the night. If we are still waking up in January, then we are going to have a problem. Thank goodness that my Secret solid deodorant is the 'optimism' flavor, because then what would I be like?
We thoroughly enjoyed Halloween though it was a little too warm outside for my taste. However, I was happy that Aubrey didn't have to wear a winter or rain coat that night. She was a black cat and LOVED every bit of trick-or-treating. She's wanted to go every night this week. She would yell 'trick-or-treat' at the top of her lungs before the person could even answer the door. It was awesome. We got a little bit of it on video. We've sinced moved on to preparing for Christmas. Thought I might as well since the Christmas tree is already up at the mall and we got the 'great big toy book' from Toys R Us. I mentioned to her that she would really like a Princess bike and showed it to her in the catalog. She, unfortunately, has the patience of her mother and for the rest of the day whined about the Princess bike. I guess she thought we were going to go get it on Sunday. We need to work on the idea of Christmas with her.
Mark's parents come to visit tomorrow so I don't know how much I'll be blogging while they are here. Aubrey will be so happy to have a new audience. I have to be the proud mom for one second and just say that Aubrey's teacher today asked me if she was as well behaved at home as she was at school. They said they asked all the kids to sit at the table to get ready for lunch and while all 7 other kids were running around like banshees, she was just sitting at the table looking at them like, 'the teacher SAID to sit down'. They said that she is just a joy to have in class. And, I don't think they were just saying that!!!! She is a very well behaved kid and it's nice to be reminded of that. I'll have to think of it every time she's not being so well behaved with me and is just being 2 1/2.
No comments:
Post a Comment