Monday, December 05, 2005

Oh yeah.........I have a blog. Have to say it's just another thing to add to my to do list lately. I am about to hyperventilate. There is not enough time to get everything done. And, I will not be a 'Bah Humbug' about it all. I will not! I'm trying to be all relaxed about it, but did you know that I have my Christmas shopping list written out 3 different times? 2 are organized by who to buy for. The other one is organized by which shops I need to go to for each of the gifts. Surprisingly, I can't get it all at Target this year! I know what I need to get; I just need the time to get there! So.......I thought I'd share my 'to do' list with you so that you can hyperventilate with me, unless you are already hyperventilating at your own 'to do' list:

  1. Christmas pictures - Today I just purchased the kids shoes for their Christmas outfits. I just purchased Brody's outfit on Saturday. We plan to go to Picture People for a full family photo - don't know when. We might even visit Santa at the same time so since he's iffy and right next to the photography studio, he will be added to item #1.
  2. Christmas cards - would like to send you guys all a picture of our family so you can see how well we clean up. I have a Christmas card list,but have not updated it. I'm sure some of the people on the list have moved since last year. Will probably spend xtra money at photography studio for their Christmas cards as I have no idea when else we could possibly snap a shot of our family and get it to Walgreens for card making. Oh yeah........must find some stamps.
  3. Christmas shopping - I have been on constant shopping frenzy since returning from Florida. (How was that trip, by the way? Will add to my list to tell you about that someday. For now, you will have to be satisfied with a couple of pictures) I still have so many stores to hit before I am done.
  4. Christmas decorations - our tree is up! We decorated it last night. All other decorations are still in boxes in den. Would like to get them out and put around the house so we will not trip over boxes and stop getting the duct tape from the boxes stuck to our feet.
  5. Birthday party - Friday evening - Aubrey has a b-day party to go to for a boy in her class. Had to find gift today. Thankful I ran into friend at the mall today (on my way to the toy store) that has a 6 year old boy. He gave me great inexpensive ideas. This is a party for Grant. Grant - the one that makes fun of Aubrey's hair in a ponytail. Purchased $7 gift. Now had it been John who we hear about all the time - he would have gotten much more. Will add more stories about John at end of 'to do' list.
  6. Craft fair - will have a table at Brody's school tomorrow showcasing my photo albums and stuff. I have a table cloth. I have a pile of crap on the floor in the dining room that I will somehow throw together on the table in a beautiful display by 8 am tomorrow morning.
  7. Photo Album - I'm only working on one photo album right now but I have to have it done before the 20th.
  8. Aubrey's Christmas performance - Thursday morning - must remember to pick out nice clothes the night before so that she doesn't show up in some crazy outfit.
  9. Christmas tree lighting tomorrow night - have to mix in some fun for the kids - but first have to go to an open house for household accessories and wrought iron stuff. Chick Fil A night.
  10. 'Deck the Halls' orchestra performance on Sat. morning. Again another need for those shoes I bought today.
  11. CCA special project - volunteered myself for this so it's my own fault. But, it is at my own pace so I can do it when I need to.

And that is just off the top of my head. Didn't even add that I have a whole load of underwear laundry in a pile in my den. Trash has to go out tonight and I have to figure out what we are having for dinner.

So, I'm TRYING to keep the spirit. It's 24 hour Christmas music around here. We've watched Rudolph and Charlie Brown.

As for Aubrey, on our trip to Florida, she mentioned that she missed John (from her class) more than 100 times. More than I hear, 'what are we doing next? and after that? and after that?' She told me on Thursday after going back to school that she was nervous to tell John that she wanted to marry him so she told her friend Saxton. She said she was going to marry Reese.

We totally enjoyed our Thanksgiving holidays with Mark's family. I would add the pics, but they are taking too long to upload so sometime before New Year's I will add some pics from the beach and let you know how the vacation was. I can't believe it's already over. For now......must go figure out which item to tackle on 'to do' list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just scanned over this quickly. I had to stop, as the comment to marry Reese is too cute. I have to say - they were cute together. That will be a fun comment to laugh about when they are older. :)