Monday, November 21, 2005

Taking a break from my 'to do' list for a quick update. I am supposed to be balancing my checkbook during this time frame, but the bank's system is down, so I'm kind of stuck. Kids are at a friends house for the afternoon so I could get a haircut, so I was trying to do computer stuff before I go pick them up. It's very frustrating when your bank does not cooperate with you and your own tight time schedule. Oh well...........

We had the family over for a 'quasi-Thanksgiving' last night. Mark's brother Alan and his girlfriend Heather (who Aubrey referred to as 'Alan's friend' the entire night), my cousin Sarah and her son Jonathan, my cousin Mike, and my Mom and Dad. All of us will be spread out for Thanksgiving, so we took the opportunity to get together last night. Aubrey thought everyone was there for her so she was trying to be the master of ceremonies all evening and planning all kinds of events. The first was a pre-dinner dance show for everyone. Here they are all dressed up for the show. We especially love the outfit that Brody chose.














After eating, it was time for some games. Alan's friend (Heather) was nice enough to play My Little Pony game with Aubrey. She wanted to call your name and then you had to play with her. I told her she could either play four more games with whoever she chose or she could have ice cream. I think the family was happy that she chose ice cream. By the time they were tucked in bed, it was time for everyone to head home. I think we were all a little pooped out with all the festivities.

Saturday, we took the kids up to the mall for the 'Holly Jolly Santa Party'. It was a party for the arrival of Santa at the mall. I'm usually anti-anything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving. Could Santa at least wait until next weekend? But, we didn't have a thing to do, so we were up at Vista Ridge Mall by 10 am. It was actually a fun little party. The kids got to decorate cookies, color some plates, and play some games before Santa arrived. It started 'snowing' around 11:30 so we made our way around to the display by the stairwell to see the 'snow'. I didn't figure the kids would be too excited to see Santa in person so we moved out of the way. Little did I know that Santa was coming down the stairs right by us. So, when he was about halfway down, my kids were a little freaked out. I was laughing at their reaction compared to other kids that could not let go of poor Santa. Luckily he had a little elf help rip the kids away from his legs. It was a little too much for us, so we left. We'll be back after Thanksgiving to see the snow again (every day at 10, noon and 2!) and wave at Santa - I promised I wouldn't force the Santa visit this year.

My dad and I drove to Shreveport on Thursday to exchange beds with my aunt. She is moving and wanted a twin bed for her extra bedroom so we traded Aubrey's bed for a full size iron bed. What a deal! I spent yesterday trying to find new bedding that would work with her current room so I wouldn't have to redo her entire room Especially since we have Christmas around the corner and the update of Brody's room soon as he moves to his big bed. So, I found the perfect comforter yesterday. I may have to repaint her room as the pinks are now a little off, but it still works. A little hard to tell as the pic is a little dark. She, of course, had to be in the pic with her baby. Then, it turned into quite the photo shoot of her babies on the bed. I won't bore you with that slideshow. I will include just one more of her and Brody posing for the camera. Thank goodness for the digital camera in that capacity. You can take as many as you want and not waste any film!


The last project we had was the faux finishing in our dining room. It's not perfect, by any means, but it's all right. In fact, this picture makes it look better than it actually does in person!





We leave Thursday for Florida! Woo Hoo! Spending Thanksgiving at the beach with Mark's family. Will be spending the rest of the week getting ready for that, so I probably won't blog until we get back. Hopefully I'll have lots of pics of the family to post next time. Until then, I'm off to finish my 'computer time' and all other chores before Oprah's Favorite Things is on. I can hardly watch it without thinking of the SNL parody of the audience losing their minds, but I still can't wait to see what has been picked out and what will for sure be on everyone's Christmas list this year.

No comments: