So, now I'm trying to rest to get geared up for Friday night with Gwen Stefani! We have done nothing today. In fact, I'll just admit it. Aubrey has watched about 3 1/2 hours of tv (way over the legal limit!) Brody and I played in his room for a bit and now he's napping. What else is going on with us?
I apparently wasn't dressed appropriately for last night's concert. I was a little too JLo for Marty's taste. I have this clip on pony tail complete with braids that Mark cannot stand. Since I knew I couldn't wear it Friday night, I wore it last night. Aubrey loved it. In fact, she wore it all afternoon until it was time for me to get ready. Here is a pic of that sassy girl. She may not be into purses and shoes but she loves the hairpieces and wigs!

She gets to invite a friend to gymnastics next week. I thought she would want to invite her friend Abbey from school. But, she said she wanted to invite her friend John. Hm... Ok......Daddy, of course, wasn't all that thrilled about that news. She asked him at school yesterday and he said yes. So, is that a date? Though I think at 4 years old, I probably would have asked a boy too. She also told me last week that she will not wear ponytails anymore. Grant told her that they were silly. Grant. This is the same Grant that says bad words and steps on the doll babies. Grant. She also said that her friend Saxton (yeah.........that's her name) told her during arts and crafts that Aubrey scribble scrabbles. She didn't really appreciate that comment. I did see the scribble scrabble first hand today though when I was coloring with her in the kitchen. I told her that she could watch tv after 10 more minutes of coloring. Didn't she just whip out the one color and scribble scrabble the whole thing so she could go watch MORE tv? So, I had to tell her that no I really didn't like that picture she colored. It wasn't really good since she didn't spend any time on it. So she said she'd put that picture in the 'no' pile. She's also driving me crazy with asking me what the plan is for the day........or what are we doing after Brody's nap. My friend said her daughter asks her that all the time too and she's like, 'who do you think I am? Julie from the Love Boat?'
And, Brody - - not a morning person buddy. Mark and I have reluctantly admitted that after the past few weeks of meltdown mornings. We cry because we can't have candy corn for breakfast. We cry because we spill our cereal. We cry because Mommy cut up the pancakes when you know you are supposed to eat them whole. We cry because Mommy can't hold us while she's making us our eggs. We cry.........and we cry...........and we cry...........a lot! And, then by 9:00.........all is good. Since I admit to not being a morning person, I'm trying to be calm in the mornings.........but it's not such a great way to start off your day! Maybe I could put some of my coffee in his sippy cup.
In other, more serious news........Prop 2 passed. Not surprising for this conservative state. Though I did get an email from my friend Jeanne this morning that really hit something home for me. If people would put as much passion in putting down the gay man into assisting the poor in our own country.......even our own state, then what good shape we would be in. We wouldn't be last in the freakin' nation in healthcare coverage for children. In Jeanne's current 6 week study, they are reading 'God's Politics' and it shows that we all have it wrong, whether we consider ourselves 'right' or 'left'. Poverty is the second most prominent theme in the old testament (the first was idolatry) and one of every 16 verses in the New Testament is about the poor and the subject of money/greed. Tell me how does that play into your vision of politics in America? Tell me how tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and billions spent on an elective war to preserve oil interests while cutting funding for programs that would help the impoverished (1 in 6) children in our country exhibits Christian values? We have bigger problems than same sex nuptials in this country! The House leadership seems to be saying they literally want to take food from the mouths of children to make rich people richer. If this ideology and politics of rich over poor prevails and our leaders fail to govern from a set of moral values, then the religious community must conclude that compassionate conservatism is dead.
Just something else to consider!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment