Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A very odd day..............

Brody stayed home from school today with a sinus infection. Didn't really realize that little ones can get those. But at least it explains some of his completely senseless meltdowns. I took him to the dr. yesterday begging for them to find an ear infection, because if it was nothing but a cold, I was considering 'accidentally' leaving him there until he turned 3, possibly even 4. So, it's sinuses which I guess can still be miserable. Especially when it's in your eye as well! I thought he had pink eye but he has so much gook in his head that it's in his eye too. Gross. I had to keep him home today just because he looks so awful. I even bought visine on the off chance that I could get his eye to look normal but no such luck. We got up at 6:20 this morning and I look like it. I wasn't sure what to do with him while Aubrey was at school so we did our old routine of Starbucks and Target and mixed in a little Office Max. It has been low on the scale of productivity for me today. I love that my kids never get really sick but I kind of secretly wish that they would be so they would just want to lay on my lap and have me tickle their back while we lay in bed all day. Mine are just sick enough that they can't go to school because they might freak out their teacher with their red crusty eye.

No time for a shower........we are off to the dollar store or somewhere to buy festive Valentine paper. I'm always up for a good craft project so we are going to make Aubrey's Valentines this year. I have already promised myself that I will not take it over and do it for her. Then.......it's on to Chick Fil A. Our one day during the week that we don't eat at home.

We are totally looking forward to Thursday afternoon. John is supposed to come over for an afternoon playdate. I'll update you on that after it happens.

No comments: