Monday, February 27, 2006

So, it is totally appropriate that I get 'blog-tagged' today by my friend Kris with these questions. I'm sure you will see why:

1. How many meals does most of your family eat at home each week? How many are in your family?
If I am including breakfast and lunch and dinner, then we have about 15 meals at home each week. There are 4 of us in our family. If you want to get specific, I prepare about 15 meals each week. My kids probably take a combined total of about 9 bites all week. I would not call that 'eating'.
2. How many cookbooks do you own? How often do you refer to a cookbook each week? I actually do own some cookbooks. I dusted off about 7 cookbooks just so I could be accurate for all your questions. One time I referred to a cookbook twice in a week. Otherwise, they are just a fire hazard in my cabinet.
4. Do you collect recipes from other sources? ummm... I'm not really sure where #3 went but I'm sure it was not applicable to me. I got a recipe off the internet for banana bread a couple of weeks ago. This was only because I didn't have any Homemade Gourmet sweet bread mix in my pantry and I had 3 rotting bananas in the kitchen. Since it was 5 days until the trash was picked up, I decided to turn them into bread instead of smelling up our trash can and collecting flies. I still don't think I 'collect' recipes since I threw that one away figuring I could look it up again if I needed it any time in the next 20 years.
5. How do you store those recipes? As stated previously, that one went in the trash can. I do have a metal tin of recipes from my Homemade Gourmet days. But, I stopped selling it after all these consultants came up with all these 'creative' ways to use your Taco Soup mix. Look....it's Taco Soup mix. Can we just use it for that and that alone. Why do you have to go and get all fancy on me?
7. Is there a particular ethnic style or flavor that predominates in your cooking? If so, what is it? What is it with the numbering here? It's driving me crazy! I can't concentrate. Since I tend to make a lot of bean nachos as a snack, maybe I could say Mexican is my predominate ethnic style. Or breakfast food. Is that a particular flavor?
8. What’s your favorite kitchen task related to meal planning and preparation?Are you kidding me? How can anyone have a favorite kitchen task? That's like asking, 'when you go to the dentist, what is your FAVORITE? Having a root canal or some teeth extracted? My favorite part would be turning off the light and walking the heck out of there with a glass of wine in my hand.
9. What’s your least favorite part? Every damn bit of it.
10. Do you plan menus before you shop? Yes - I definitely do. If I don't have a list, I'm a complete moron in the store. I'll come home with hot dog buns, but no hot dogs......or 3 cans of refried beans (fat free, people!) and no chips.
11. What are your three favorite kitchen tools or appliances? Let's see... I have SO many..............the apple slicer and corer is used about 9 times a day. I use my coffee pot every day but it is not my favorite. My microwave is quite handy for just about every meal or snack. I like my container in my cabinet that stores all the sippy cups and lids and plugs.
12. If you could buy one new thing for your kitchen, money was no object, and space not an issue, what would you most like to have?An undocumented Vietnamese woman to live in my pantry and make every one of our meals.
13. Since money and space probably are objects, what are you most likely to buy next? A new coffe pot.
14. Do you have a separate freezer for storage? No, but since I have a freezer full of Super Supper meals and frozen pancakes/waffles, I should get one.
15. Grocery shop alone or with others? It's quite the fun Sunday schedule to go shopping as a family after church. The kids get cookies and 'help' us load up the groceries. Since it's usually such a quick trip for just about the same stuff every time, it's not that difficult.
16. How many meatless main dish meals do you fix in a week? Dinner is not a meal if you don't have meat! That is what my husband would say. The many times we have breakfast for dinner, I do fix turkey bacon so I'm not sure if we ever have a meatless main dish. You should ask me about our appetizers and various soups that we serve before our 'main dish'!! haha.
17. If you have a decorating theme in your kitchen, what is it? Early nineties crapola. Vertical blinds........peach mini blinds in bay window...crappy peach floral tile backsplash. It's lovely...really. I've accented with many wine bottles.
18. What’s the first thing you ever learned to cook, and how old were you? The first memory I have is licking the bowl of chocolate brownie mix. I think I was about 10 or maybe that was last week. The first thing I remember cooking is heating up some pizza bites or a chicken pot pie every day during the summer when I was 12.
19. How did you learn to cook?I vaguely remember my mom calling for me to come in the kitchen and watch her cook a meal so I could learn too. I think my response was always, 'yeah...like.... whatEVER'!
20. Tag two other people to play. Hey Jen Zemler, why don't see if you can top me? And Courtney........since we both 'learned' from mom how to cook, let's see what you have to say!

That was fun Kris. Exactly what I needed today!!!! :)

Here's one for all of you out there! Click on the link at the very bottom to find out what kind of movie your life is.



The Movie Of Your Life Is A Cult Classic



Quirky, offbeat, and even a little campy - your life appeals to a select few.

But if someone's obsessed with you, look out! Your fans are downright freaky.



Your best movie matches: Office Space, Showgirls, The Big Lebowski

No comments: