Monday, February 06, 2006

Will it ever end????

Ended up taking Aubrey to the CareNow clinic yesterday as she woke up in the night crying that her ear hurt. Plus, when she woke up, her eyes were all crusted over and VERY red. Yep.......you guessed it..... pink eye and an ear infection. UGH! We have never had pink eye before but I know how contagious it can be and even with Brody on antibiotics, she could give it back to him. I felt bad for her because for awhile we were treating her like she was a total leper. We wouldn't allow her to touch anything and when she did we'd make her wash her hands right away and would actually consider throwing out whatever it was she touched. Nothing like instilling a little bit of OCD into someone by making them wash their hands every minute. We've got the miniscule bottle of eyedrops that cost $30 and spend about 20 minutes each time (which is 3 times a day in case you were wondering) sitting over her trying to drop the eyedrops in exactly right. I'm sure it's a little scary to be pinned down by 2 grown ups that outweigh you by I don't know how much, but it has to be done, by God! The redness has to be gone by tomorrow so she can go back to school. Dr. said she won't be contagious after today but I want the redness to be gone just to be sure. I talked to her friend Abbey's mom and Abbey has the exact same thing. We blame Grant.

Kids are feeling better while Mom and Dad are still trying to figure out why we still feel so bad. I think if we could get in one good night's sleep we'd feel better. It's just that with all this drainage, sleep is hard to come by! I've got Aubrey resting while watching Mary Kate and Ashley and Brody is asleep so I will go lay down for a little bit. I promised myself that I would lay low one more day. If these kids are both at school tomorrow, you can guarantee there will be a head-to-toe scrubbing of this household to get rid of all these germs. I am considering opening all the windows for a little bit of fresh air, but isn't this how it all started in the first place?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you K. We went through pink eye last spring and just spred it around for about a month. You think you get rid of it and it turns up again, and again, and again. Wash everything in extremely HOT water.