Thursday, July 06, 2006

Just trying to regain a bit of sanity.....................
I should be doing about 500 other things but it's nice to blog about things that have happened so you don't have to think about things that are about to happen. Since I have last blogged, I picked up my sister's 2 kids in Waco last Wed. and they stayed with us through Sunday. The best part about it was that I turned my life off while they were here. And we just played and swam and had a great time. The girls are so cute in their own unique ways and I loved every minute of it.
Mind you, it was 4 days.....not a lifetime.......I can hardly handle my 2 kids on any given day of the week. Like today. When I was so done with Brody and his crying about his lunch that instead of throwing him out the window, I hit myself in the head with the newspaper about 10 times. Then, later Aubrey asks me what is wrong with my head and I tell her that Brody is still driving me crazy and makes my forehead get all wrinkled up and look this way. And then I catch myself in the mirror about 20 minutes later and realize it's covered in newspaper print.
We tried to catch the Kaboom town in Addison. Had a nice view from Mark's office window and watched about 20 min. of the show before they fizzled out due to rain. I've heard they may reschedule it which will make Mark so happy. And when I say happy I mean crazy insane we-are-NOT-going happy.
We leave in exactly 34 minutes to take Aubrey to the dentist. 2 fillings and sealants. She knows about the sealants and that's about it. I'm a nervous wreck about it. Hoped that Mark could come sit and wring my hands with me but he is, of course, having a crappy day at work so I will have to sit by myself. Not looking forward to it, but trying to have the oh-so-positive sounding voice. Must remember to wash off newspaper print before leaving so I sort of look like I have it together.
Took the kids to the library today. That was interesting. Told Aubrey we could take some books with us and then bring them back and get more. I think she grabbed the first 4 she saw and she was ready to go.
What else?
Had dinner with my girlfriends last night. Must watch Parenthood the movie again. Mark and I watched it not long ago but the gist of it must be reiterated on a regular basis. The crazy grandma talked about going on the roller coaster and how it was scary and thrilling and fun all at the same time. Some people don't like the roller coaster. They like the merry go round. All that does is go around. I like the roller coaster. Do you?

No comments: