Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I have to say that I am pretty proud of myself for just taking care of business yesterday when my car broke down on me. I didn't cry. I didn't panic. I didn't ask anyone else to just take care of it for me. Luck was on my side that I was pretty close to home and Alan was off work and able to come pick us up immediately. My dad also answered the phone when I called him at work so I could ask him what I needed to do next. If there were any big snags in the whole ordeal then I might have gotten upset, but really, what can you do? I called the dealership to have it towed and now we are just waiting to see what is up. The only thing I did do was give the tow truck the wrong address so when Mark drove by after work to check on the car, it was still there and he had to wait there until they arrived to pick it up. So, of course, he was whipped by the whole mess. Anyway.... seems to be something with the transmission. It just decided to stop working all the sudden and every gear is like being in neutral. Thank goodness it is still under warranty.

Aubrey went off to school this morning leaving me at home for 4 1/2 wonderful hours by myself. Mark took her on his way to work and she was so excited to ride in the 'cool car' that I got a big kiss goodbye and a 'see ya later!' and she was out the door. I was in my jammies until 12:30... read the paper, watched Regis and Kelly and the View. I did do some chores too and was so happy to pick Aubrey up at 2:00. She had a great day and didn't take a nap so we came straight home and now she's in bed so I've got another 1 1/2 hours by myself. The Ellen Degeneres show is on in about 10 min. with Justin Timberlake so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I won't go into labor before Thurs. so I can enjoy another day of this!

Trying to take it easy this week. Mark has a big work thing on Thurs. night so I need to keep resting until after that is over. Plus I really want to see the new Nicolas Cage movie on Fri. night and our good friend Beth Wood is playing at Grapefest on Sat. night. So, Sunday should be a good day to have a baby. We'll see!

If any of you locals are looking for something fun to do this weekend, Grapefest is awesome! I'm a fan of festivals and this is one of my favorites. Plus, we'll get to see Beth play at 8 pm Sat. night so you should come out! Great acoustical guitarist with a fabulous voice and we love her music. She has one funny song called Supermodel that is, of course, Aubrey's favorite so I hope Aubrey will enjoy the show too!

No comments: