So I did well last week taking care of my car when it broke down on me on Monday. We got a whole new transmission put in and I got the car back on Friday. So, that's good news. However, had to drive Mark's car on Friday. Have learned the hard way that Aubrey gets car sick like her Daddy. Driving to Bed Bath and Beyond on Fri. night before dinner with my parents, Aubrey threw up in the car before I could get her out. Poor girl. She got a little overheated in the backseat, which is also a condition that my sister Courtney apparently has. Additionally, she was reading a book and full on apple juice with not a lot of food in her stomach. Combine that with the fact that I'm driving Mark's car and I'm in a hurry. Bad situation. That did me in....... Had to call Mark and my mom for assistance. I had it pretty much under control but Mark was at Fox and the Hound enjoying a few beers before the LHS game at the time, so yeah.... time for daddy to come pitch in at the Exxon in the rain to clean up the throw up. Mom showed up with a new shirt for Aubrey so we cleaned up and went on our way. She was totally fine and we enjoyed a night at TGI Friday's and some time at the mall for play time with 1000 other kids.
I figure since those incidents did not send me into labor, I probably still have a few days to go. But, I did get everything crossed off my list so now it is just a waiting game. Walked at the mall today and plan to vacuum the house tomorrow and walk the neighborhood tomorrow night. Have another dr. appt. on Thurs., but hope I will be in labor before then. And, AGAIN... just to be very CLEAR..... I will let you know when this baby arrives. If you haven't heard from us, then there is NOTHING to report.
Lastly, I have one funny story about Aubrey. We went to Grapefest this weekend to see Beth Wood. Aubrey and Kendall were total groupies hanging out at the stage. They were too funny! At one point, Aubrey came up and said she wanted to sing. Which meant, she wanted to get on stage and sing with Beth's microphone. It's hard to explain why she can't do that, but I did my best. There were lots of tears because she REALLY wanted to sing. She was sad that she had to go home without singing. So, she is FOR SURE getting a karaoke machine for Christmas. She really is a ham and no on is a stranger. She also gets that from her dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment