Aubrey went to her first day of Mother's Day Out this morning. She was loaded down with all her 'gear' and excited about going to 'school'. Seemed a little hesitant right when we got to the door, but no tears! We took cute pictures of her with her nap mat and backpack. She looks so grown. Luckily for me, she did not take a nap at school, so came home and slept for almost 2 hours. So, I had just about the entire day to myself. At some point, I'm sure she'll learn to fall asleep at school. For God's sake, they have to 'rest' on their nap mat for an hour and a half each day. I don't really agree with that. Seems like a long time. Plus, am I getting my money's worth if they are there 4 1/2 hrs a day and they have to rest for an hour and a half of it? I'd rather just bring her home like today and have her nap at home. We'll see how it goes. She's a pretty adaptable little girl so whatever happens, I'm sure we'll all be fine.
She is cracking me up lately. My favorite stories are of the music selection she chooses in the car. We listen to 'hey baby' (No Doubt), 'Supermodel' (Beth Wood), 'La la la' (aka Brown Eyed Girl, Jimmy Buffett) and 'Long Time Gone' (Dixie Chicks). It's amazing how much of the songs she knows. Our friend Beth came over the other night and Aubrey sang just about every word to the Supermodel song. It's an absolute riot. I'm just trying to figure out how to capture it all on videotape before she moves on to something else. There's another Jimmy Buffett song that she's a fan of because of the drum beat and I taught her a little dance to it. We listen to the whole song and at the very end, someone belts out the latin sound (it's so hard to reproduce using words!) - - - the sound of rolling R's and an 'ah ha' at the end. Aubrey loves that and since she can't quite roll the R's yet, she yells, "BREE HA" and then has me replay that part of the song a million times. I will definitely be working to get that on video.
We bought a new 35mm camera last weekend and spent a couple of days figuring out how to work it. It's the first fancy camera I've ever had and I'm determined to take some photography classes in the spring. I'd love to have a new hobby because I'm sure with 2 kids, I won't have enough to do!!! It's just something I've always been interested in, so I'm excited about that. You guys will just have to put up with me and my dozens and dozens of rolls of film that I will be sharing with you!
Mark is doing well with Atkins. Another week down in his book. He is still debating about taking a new job and leaving his job at Holden that he has been doing for 13 years. I think he's a little frustrated with that still hanging in the balance and being on a diet at the same time. But, at the same time, football season has started and he's been occupied with his nephew's games, our cousin's games and college games so it's not all dreary around here by any means! We'd just appreciate some encouraging words and some prayers that we can make the right decision for us and that decision time comes soon.
In the meantime, we'll keep you posted as to when Mr. Brody arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment